Another year has passed in a whirlwind of historical news and busy lives, and now the holidays are right around the corner. If you haven’t quite decided what to get your spouse for the holiday, don’t worry—you’re not alone. Luckily, waiting to get that perfect gift often means scoring the best Black Friday deals. Which means she gets the perfect gift, and you pay a lower price.
To take some of the guesswork out of finding that perfect gift for your special someone, we’ve put together a list of some of the BEST holiday gift ideas of 2020.
Gifts For Every Taste
1. Add some comfort to her wardrobe.
These days, we’re all doing a lot less going out and doing a lot more lounging around. Take advantage of Chico’s Barefoot Dreams sale and give her something so luxuriously comfy to make your weekends in feel a little more like the relaxation she deserves. The Barefoot Dreams collection wraps the entire family in head to toe comfort, and you’ll all wish that every day could be a pajama day!
2. Dazzle her with new jewelry.
Nothing says “I love you” in quite the same way that jewelry does. Even if you’re past the point of browsing engagement rings, her eyes will sparkle more than a diamond necklace or bracelet when she opens that delicate little box. Kay Jewelers has a lovely selection of fine jewelry and accessories for every fashion taste and every occasion, so you’re sure to find something perfect for that special someone. And whether you shop online at kay.com and use a promo code, or you visit a retail location and bring Kay Jewelers coupons printable from home, make sure you’re getting the best deals on your purchase.
3. Give her a family experience to remember.
If you were to go through her phone and check out her camera roll (don’t do this without permission, obviously), there’s a chance that all the pictures of herself are selfies and pictures with the family don’t include her. While having these precious memories on her phone are great to have on hand, years from now it will mean so much to her to have photos where she is engaged with whatever family activities you’ve enjoyed together.
When you go to plan your next family outing, whether it’s a picnic day at the park or a family day at the zoo, hire a lifestyle photographer to tag along. With a lifestyle photographer there to capture the day, you and your spouse can spend less time taking pictures on your phone and more time enjoying your time together as a family. By hiring a professional, you don’t have to worry about low-quality images or wonder if you captured all of those special moments. You can trust that your memories are in good hands with a hired photographer.
4. Upgrade her gaming setup.
These days, video games aren’t just for the guys. In fact, nearly half of all gamers worldwide are women—with most female gamers choosing a PC over a console. Whether your significant other loves to pass her time raiding with her guild or creating absolute mayhem with her latest Sims family, she should be playing with high-quality products. While building an entirely new gaming rig can be expensive, something as simple as a new gaming headset or an ergonomic mouse will show her that you care about her passion for gaming just as much as she does.
5. Get that journal from her wish list.
As we get older, our busy lives seem to just get busier with each passing year. If your wife used to keep journals but can no longer find the time in her day to sit and jot down her thoughts, consider getting her a five-year memory journal. With journals like this, she can write one line each day every day of the year. As time passes, she can look back at what she did on that day in previous years without having to scroll through her Facebook memories to do so.
6. Get that fandom subscription box she’s been eyeing.
Subscription boxes are the gifts that keep on giving. If there is a fandom out there, you’re sure to find a subscription box for it—or at least find one that features the fandom from time to time. If she’s been eyeing a subscription box for a while but just hasn’t committed to hitting that “order” button, do it for her!
Not only will she get a box of goodies tailored to her specific interests, but a longer-term subscription means that she gets a new gift every month or so—which will help remind her just how much you care. If you can’t decide which fandom box to order for her, consider ordering a few items from past boxes and putting together a completely customized box just for her!
Finding the best Black Friday deals is easy.
Giving gifts is great, but sometimes our wallets can feel the stress after a busy holiday season. To take some of the budget worries out of your holiday shopping, make sure that you’re getting the best deals wherever you shop! Here is a list of ways you can save money and spoil the heck out of your loved ones this year!
1. Start Early. If you’re looking for something that you know will be popular and might sell out, buy it when you see it at its lowest price early on, even if it’s not the Black Friday deal of your dreams. This ensures that your gift arrives on time and that you won’t be left having to resort to your “Plan B” gift.
2. Shop Online. To discourage crowded stores, many businesses are offering their best sales online this year! Sign up for email alerts for products you’re considering to make sure you don’t miss out on a great deal! Consider checking second-hand shopping stops like Poshmark or Facebook Marketplace to see if you can find someone selling the gift you’re looking for brand-new at a much lower price.
3. Check For Store Coupons and Promo Codes. To make sure you’re getting the best price, install a browser extension that checks for promotion codes at checkout, or use the store’s app and check frequently for deals. Many retailers offer exclusive deals through SMS messages, email, or social media notifications, so if you’re dead set on getting a specific gift, make sure you’re signed up for all of the latest savings updates.
4. Check Store Policies. Many retailers are offering price-matching discounts throughout the holiday season, so if you purchase something and the price drops dramatically shortly after, you may be able to get a rebate or store credit. There are also often limits on how many of one item can be purchased, whether certain promo codes are for online shoppers or in-store only, and many other fine-print things to look out for.
5. Beware of Doorbusters. Doorbuster sales are often the best deals, but they come to a different kind of cost. These products are often lesser-known brands and typically lower in quality. If you want a gift that is going to last for years to come, don’t just get the cheapest version—even if you are trying to save money. It could end up costing you more in the long run.